Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Forgetting to reply to emails (Post-Production Day #3)

Editing #2 (Meeting With Tina to show her the progress) [Wednesday]


1:54pm 
“We have taken the difficult decision not to run our international examinations for the May/June 2020 series in any country”
“What now”

1:57pm
“Thank God”
“OMG OMG”

1:58pm
“What kind of BULLSHIT IS THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE?”
“what abt aice diplomas??? Can I like no longer get mine what does this mean”
“I want the exam so I get credit for college”

1:59pm
“i assume stoklosa will send us an email about it soon”
“yeah”

Those were ACTUAL text messages from our AICE Media Group chat. This news blew us out of the water. Some felt relieved, others stressed (ME). Whatever we were each feeling, uncertainty dominated our thoughts. That’s why Tina called a class meeting the next day, to help us cam down and help us stay focused on finishing our portfolio projects. 


During the meeting, we talked about the examinations and what it meant but mostly about how to adapt our projects to the uncertainty of the situation we faced. Everyone who needed/wanted to get another couple of brains to help them think of ideas to adopt their projects took the floor. Thankfully, Jake and I were already in the editing phase because we acted so quickly to try to finish shooting even in quarantine when we heard of the school closures up to April 15th. 

After the meeting, I emailed Tina to schedule a private meeting with her to show her the progress we’d done in editing. We agreed on meeting today, except we actually didn’t because I never ACTUALLY reply to the time she sent me to confirm. I thought I did, but I
didn’t. So 30m pass the meeting time, Jake and I were on FaceTime waiting for Tina (who didn’t know we were doing that). So I sent her an email to follow up and quickly realized that I had messed up. Thankfully, Tina was available and hoped onto Microsoft Teams to meet! 


We showed her the pice that we had already edited and after viewing it she gave us some really valuable input! I mentioned how our audio was really annoying to work with and she stressed that it was the most difficult part to control from the A level project because we’re not recording with professional equipment. So, it's understandable that not all of our audio will be amazing, but we should do our best to level it. 

I was concerned about what Tina would say about the pacing of the scene but was pleasantly surprised to find she liked it! Overall, she enjoyed the piece and we were super excited because of that! We also spoke briefly about music and how to use it throughout the piece to reinforce the tone of each scene (or the whole simulation v.s. reality). 

I’m a bit scared for the next scene because I think the pacing will be really weird to get right, but I’m up for a challenge! 

PS: Yes, it’s done! I now bleed blue and orange 🐊 

Signing off, 

No comments:

Post a Comment